Winch remote

Need help with your project vehicle? Or have the expertise to offer help? Discuss your project vehicle, ask for or offer advice, suggestions. This can include vehicles, maintenance, modification, tools, supplies, consumables, workshops, techniques.
miketree
Active Offroader
4x4 Vehicle: Suzuki Vitara
Offroad Modifications: Bigger tyres - Winch - Custom heavy duty bumpers front and rear - 2nd battery - still no cup holders

Winch remote

Post by miketree » Thu May 23, 2013 7:40 pm

I've just fitted one of these winch remotes. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Winch-Wir ... 4369311%26

Easy to do, an at just over a tenner, it's a bargain.

brockus
Active Offroader
4x4 Vehicle: lrd 1
Offroad Modifications: i have two diff guards and a steering guard light bar winch rock sliders had rear bumper and a top of the range DIY snorkel
Phone Number: 07906181407

Re: Winch remote

Post by brockus » Sun May 26, 2013 5:51 pm

I would be careful as my mate did this with his and it was poor and in the end stopped working ....make sure u have ur normal lead with u Aswell !

Anthony

CCTV/office machinery/renewable energy

miketree
Active Offroader
4x4 Vehicle: Suzuki Vitara
Offroad Modifications: Bigger tyres - Winch - Custom heavy duty bumpers front and rear - 2nd battery - still no cup holders

Post by miketree » Sun May 26, 2013 6:55 pm

I have a switch on the dashboard too.

OffroaderGuy
Armchair Member
4x4 Vehicle: 1997 Jeep Grand Cher

Post by OffroaderGuy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:17 am

I would be careful as my mate did this with his and it was poor and in the end stopped working
i agree with this. but if you'll buy a wireless remote winch control, it's better if you'll choose a good brand.

keith spamer
Active Offroader
4x4 Vehicle: Land Rover 90

Post by keith spamer » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:05 am

That looks very similar to my remote which always works fine although I always take my main hard wired lead too. It did occur to me that as they are radio controlled I wondered how many individual frequencies there are and what the range is, wouldn't want someone else' remote sending a signal at a critical time, :-(
Keith

If you say you can’t you won’t
If you say you can you might

http://www.keyingham4x4.co.uk