Joining the forum. One for Martin

Anything related to using this website, computers, software or internet.
Chris Blake
Rights of Way Liaison
4x4 Vehicle: Landcruiser
Offroad Modifications: P Reg Green SWB 90 Iron Man 50mm SL+ 285 75 R16 GG AT2 on Compomotive Alloys+ Retro Fit Arch Extensions+ 4 Xlights+ J66P Winch Mount+ Alien Snorkel+ Full ASFIR Bash Plates+ 12000lb Champion Winch
Phone Number: 07834547030

Joining the forum. One for Martin

Postby Chris Blake » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:38 pm

As said one for Martin really.

I have spread the word far and wide about the bobs bay weekend. but several people have come back to me saying they are struggling to join the forum. the get the message about an email being sent to confirm stuff then never receive one.
submitted my details and got the usual message to say a link was sent to my email address, 8 hours later still not had the confirmation email!
Thanks anyway, Mike

Any ideas what's going on Martin
Rights Of Way Liason
chris.blake@hull4x4.com

keith spamer
Active Offroader
4x4 Vehicle: Land Rover 90

Re: Joining the forum. One for Martin

Postby keith spamer » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:40 am

Chris, we have had that issue before and if my (senile) memory recalls correctly the sollution is posted somewhere on the forum, I just can't think where.
Keith

If you say you can’t you won’t
If you say you can you might

http://www.keyingham4x4.co.uk

keith spamer
Active Offroader
4x4 Vehicle: Land Rover 90

Postby keith spamer » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:48 am

One problem arises if potential members try and register from mobile devices:-

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3821
Keith

If you say you can’t you won’t
If you say you can you might

http://www.keyingham4x4.co.uk

Martin Spamer
4x4 Vehicle: Land Rover Discovery
Offroad Modifications: 50mm Britpart Lift Snorkel Apache 12000lb winch Tarantula custom bumper and rock sliders extended axle breathers and sump plugs Tarantula custom high level light bar CB radio modular steel rims with 235 85R16 Malatesta Kougar tyres.
Phone Number: 07767 838 137

Postby Martin Spamer » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:17 pm

Chris Blake wrote:As said one for Martin really.

I have spread the word far and wide about the bobs bay weekend. but several people have come back to me saying they are struggling to join the forum. the get the message about an email being sent to confirm stuff then never receive one.
submitted my details and got the usual message to say a link was sent to my email address, 8 hours later still not had the confirmation email!
Thanks anyway, Mike

Any ideas what's going on Martin

They should check their spam filters and "white list" hull4x4.com if that is were it ended up.

If that doesn't help, let me know their email address or user name here and I can manually active them.

However if their email address is entered wrongly they won't be able to do things like change their password.
Martin Spamer
07767 838 137
Martin.Spamer@gmail.com

An optimist sees a glass as half full, a pessimist sees a glass as half empty, an engineer sees a glass that wasn't measured twice.