Welcome to Hull 4x4 Club (Membership & Posting Rules)

We consider it polite to introduce yourself and your 4x4 vehicle.
Use your name, nickname as the title to stand out.
The forum is public and indexed by search engines.
admin
Site Admin

Welcome to Hull 4x4 Club (Membership & Posting Rules)

Post by admin » Sat Oct 21, 2000 1:01 am

Welcome to Hull4x4.com

Please be sure to Introduce yourself to Hull 4x4 as this is one of the ways I use to determine if member are real people of 'advert posting bots'

This forum is for people interested in 4x4 vehicles, Green lanes and off road driving. While from primarily Kingston upon Hull and Yorkshire; we have no geographical restrictions. We have members and posters from Lincolnshire and all over the country, and even a few from abroad. Everybody is welcome providing your contribute.

There are several specifically named forums and I like to keep thing tidy so please keep posts broadly 'on topic', off topic posts may be edited (e.g. offensive), moved or deleted (e.g. Ads) without warning. The Hull 4x4 chat forum is provided for off topic discussions that don't fit elsewhere and is very lightly moderated.

The main thing I expect is for everybody to be civil to each other. Good natured banter is acceptable but if another person is specifically targeted for abuse or considers posts to be particularly offensive those posts may be removed at request without warning. Remember this a public forum which is accessed by the children of some members therefore everybody should avoid excessive vulgarity which again may be removed without warning, repeated abuse of this rule will result in an account being removed without warning. See 'tabloid test' below.

Anything that could be considered threatening or advocating violence will be deleted without warning.

Anything that could be considered defamation, libel, slander or otherwise illegal will be deleted without warning.

If anybody finds anything offensive speak out civilly and try to resolve it like adults. If you cannot resolve it amicably report your concerns to a Moderator or as a last resort the Administrator. The Admin and/or Moderators may simply speak out and say something is not acceptable or act as they see fit by editing or removing a post. Moderators can be identified by their cool Green Names They will place particular emphasis on the best interests of Hull 4x4. This may involve editing, moving or deleting a post, posting guidance in a public thread or private message to one or more of the parties involved. Moderation may involve summary deletion of posts and / or cancelled registration and banning.

I don't considerfair criticism to be offensive as long as it is delivered in a civil and non-insulting way.

If you feel a moderator has acted unfairly you may appeal to the the Admin, The Admin's decision will be final.

Vulgarity / The 'tabloid test'
I'm not against the odd dirty jokes or slightly smutty avatars. I draw my line at the 'tabloid test'. If a tabloid news paper wouldn't use it then it is not appropriate here, If you might find the language, image or joke in a daily tabloid newspaper it's probably just about OK.

Moderation / Censorship
I don't like censorship and I will endeavour to keep moderation as light as possible, however if necessary I will exercise my authority if I feel somebody is being deliberately offensive or disruptive. My judgement on this is final.

I will appoint new moderators at my discretion to help keep on top of things when I'm not present. Moderators are chosen for their ability to stay impartial, keep a cool head and share my approach to moderation. Most moderators are well known members but there may also be anonymous moderators. Anonymous moderators will not be talking or discussing posts, just doing moderation stuff, when I'm not here.

If you come across an offensive message, you can report it to a moderator for investigation by clicking the Report this Post button which looks like Image and is position to the upper right of every post. Pointlessly wasting the moderators' time with trivia should be avoided, continually doing so is not allowed and may result in a being banned for trolling.

Trolling
Trolling is banned on this forum, trolls will be mercilessly ridiculed, edited, banned and slain. My judgement on this is final. Trolls that attempts to circumvent moderation, or bans will result in being reported your ISP abuse department. Circumventing a ban is Unauthorised Access and a criminal offence under section 1 of the Computer Misuse Act 1990.

Only one active account/logon per person, attempts to create sock puppets will be considered trolling and result in all accounts being banned.

Sales
Commercial sales are allowed but should be clearly marked as trade and should be relevant to the subject of this site, 4x4, off road products, tools, camping etc and posted once to the Sales and Wanted forum. Established active members may post anything for sale. Make it clear if it is a For Sale or a Wanted, Price & Contact details.

Shows
Commercial events should be relevant to the subject of this site, and posted one to the Events Calendar forum. Their title should follow the convention used here, with is Date Name Location.

General Guidelines
Do not post personal or private information about another member without their explicit prior approval.

SHOUTING; posting messages in all upper case is considered very bad manners and frowned on, expect to get ridiculed.

Posting worthless messages which do not contribute in a relevant or meaningful way should be avoided.

Posting the same message more than once should be avoided. Duplicates messages will be deleted.

Starting new threads about the same topic as an existing thread :- READ BEFORE YOU POST, (RBYP).

Rights
The Administrator holds sole rights to the site and forum including its name, titles, logos and copyright. All posted messages remain copyright to the individual poster making the post and by making the post you are granting a non-exclusive right for this forum to publish the material you post.

Martin Spamer.
Site Administrator.
Last edited by admin on Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:57 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Dav
Active Offroader
4x4 Vehicle: PATROL
Offroad Modifications: LOTS
Phone Number: 07932 155602

Post by Dav » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:30 am

Could people please fill in a bit more on their profiles (and use the introduce yourself section)
Come on guys & Gals tell us a bit about yourselves
BETTER TO REMAIN SILENT AND APPEAR A FOOL THAN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT

dave kirby
Active Offroader
4x4 Vehicle: extreme transit
Phone Number: 07780 950 207

Post by dave kirby » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:23 pm

i agree...wot u drive where u from, age , familly, don't be shy..we arn't
http://tarantula4x4.co.uk/
welding and mot work undertaken
offroad preparation
https://twitter.com/tarantula4x4

dave kirby
Active Offroader

Re: Welcome to Hull 4x4 Club (Membership & Posting Rules)

Post by dave kirby » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:09 pm

just thought i'd reply to the oldest post on the forum from martin in 2000, strange how the forum didn't start till 2004 :roll:
offroad preparation

mick gog
Armchair Member
4x4 Vehicle: trooper
Offroad Modifications: 2 inch body lift 285 75 16 bfg tyres safri snorkel wheel spacers
Phone Number: 07826846690

Post by mick gog » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:27 pm

hi im mick from york and have just joined u all me and me brother cum with u all to robin hoods bay last week were i cum second in challenge in me swb trooper woz a good day :D

dave kirby
Active Offroader

Post by dave kirby » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:28 pm

welcome mate but you've posted in the wrong section :roll: :roll:
and are you foreign :?: because i'm not sure i've seen that language before :shock:
offroad preparation